How to remove old wallpapers without too much effort: from the walls to shoot, shake quickly, contemporary, open, tear, remove it easy, how to delete, photo, video
Remove the old wallpaper - the task is not from the lungs, it often requires considerable effort and weight of the time-spent wallpaper quickly, and even without too much effort, and is it possible at all? Technology keep up with the times, and today in the store you can find even special compositions that help remove the old coating. And these compositions are collecting quite good. But to spare old wallpapers can be in several ways.
Do I need to shoot old wallpaper before sticking new
Start standing with the fact that the question is needed or not to remove the wallpaper, it is not even worth it. It is necessary if you do not want to transfer or be a witness to how directly on your eyes wallpaper are departed, smells, stain glue, etc. belong under them.
If there is a question of high quality and durable repair, then old wallpaper is better to shoot
How to remove fast wallpaper from the walls
First Council - Keep shortcuts from wallpaper rolls. Fold them into some box to then find and see how they can be cut off without effort.
On this label can be written:
- Removed wet;
- Removed without a balance;
- Settle down when removing;
- Double with the upper embossed layer;
- Embossing is not deformed.
When removing old wallpapers, it will be best to use a small spatula
These inscriptions somehow coordinate your actions, will make it possible to understand whether you started to remove the wallpaper. If this label is not preserved, you can remove the coating by universal methods.
Remove old wallpapers: useful tips (video)
Wet Wallpaper Removal Method
Wallpaper should be saved gradually, not much, and not weak. If weakly moisture wallpaper, water is absorbed and dried, and the adhesive layer will not have time to soak. If you mix very much, then water can simply flush on the floor and does not penetrate the glue.
To easily skate wallpaper with a wet way, you can make cuts and scratches, for which a bulk tiger is used for
How best to remove different types of wallpaper
Some wallpaper roll lighter, with others you have to tinker. Maybe you just do it a bit wrong? What is easily obtained with one wallpaper may not pass with others.
Remove the old liquid wallpaper with water and spatula
How to remove the wallpaper of different types:
- Remove phlizelin wallpaper It will not work without cuts and holes, because these wallpapers are distinguished by a durable waterproof layer, use the same water, sprayer and wallpaper tiger;
- Remove vinyl wallpaper You can also with the help of a wallpaper tiger, such wallpapers are usually removed by whole stripes;
- Washable It is harder - the top layer is easily moving, and to clear the walls from the lower, you need a stere removal, or in extreme cases, the same toothed roller;
But this is not all ways, there are very modern.
Means for removing wall wallpapers
How to remove wallpaper from the walls, if not under hand of rollers, wallpaper tigers, sweeps? In general, if you completely do it yourself, it does not work on their own forces? Then go to the store, and take the wallpaper removal fluid.
Different means for removing old wallpapers greatly facilitate the process
Most of the equipment to remove wallpaper looks like dishwashing liquid. The same principle of operation: Wash liquid should dissolve organic compounds from dishes. Also, the means must destroy the organic compounds of the adhesive solution.
A good tool for removing wallpaper should be:
- Without any pronounced smell;
- Breed it can be ordinary water;
We simply use it: Apply the floor to the wall, as it offers to make an instruction, leaving the time until it is absorbed and starts to act. And the time is usually also indicated on the instructions. And then remove the wallpaper with a spatula. If any fragments still remain on the wall, they will remove with sponge and water.
Means for removing old wallpaper (video)
How to remove wallpaper without damage: problem moments
The one to invent ways to solve repair problems, take advantage of ready-made tiders.
How to remove the woven switcher
Remove the switches, undoubtedly need. So you smoothly stick the wallpaper, it is easier than cut and then complex holes in the bands.
First you have to de-energize the apartment, to do this, turn off the circuit breaker (one with a smaller face value) in your shield.
First of all, when dismantling the switch, the keys are removed
The switch is removed like this:
- First, the keys to elementary pressing and swaying are removed. If not filmed, sit tightly, take a screwdriver or knife.
- After removing the keys, you need to remove the frame. Flat small screwdriver use the black insert (which connects the frame and the switch mechanism).
- When you add this insert, it will decline;
- Now the switch itself needs to be removed from the wall - loosen the mounting paws, the mechanism will get free.
Then check the voltage on the wires connected to the switch mechanism. The voltage indicator will help. You must make sure that there is no voltage. Then disconnect the wires from the switch by unsaving their mounting screws. Ready!
How to remove glue from wallpaper fast
Again, there are several ways to solve this issue. Non-lethal glue, already dried to remove difficult, but can be opposed and such a way.
Treat the adhesive spot on the wallpaper with warm water from the spray. Fifteen minutes later, wipe this place with a soft sponge
Spots on flieslinic wallpaper can be removed if there is a "brush and three waves" icon on the wallpaper. Then try, take a test in a small place - dissolve the detergent in the water, and you sweep the wall with a damp sponge with this water. If the stain disappears, and the wallpapers themselves are not deformed, you can continue the fight against stains.
PVA stains can be closed with warm water, trees with vodka or vinegar.
How to remove bubbles on the wallpaper after sticking
Bubbles - a frequent story if the adhesive technology was broken. For example, you did not brand the wall, or you poorly sorted wallpaper from concrete walls or other surfaces. Or maybe they simply used the wrong glue. Often bubbles occur if the blending was produced with a violation of the temperature regime, during drafts.
Punch with a needle bubble, and then through the syringe with glue, enter the adhesive under the wallpaper, the former bubble, add, and the glue is removed with a damp cloth
You can get rid of bubbles like this:
- Air "Retired" from the canvas when smoothing the last spatula , and the meeting thereby excess glue;
- Do not get rid of bubbles right there , it is necessary to do this for the next day, since small octuries disappear due to the tension of the wallpaper;
Why wallpaper from the wall: six reasons
There are actually more reasons, but the most common six.
If the wallpaper began to move, it is quite possible that the glue was incorrectly selected
Causes of wallpaper dumping:
- You have not eliminated wall defects. Cracks, potholes, irregularities and other defects removes putty and primer.
- You have not complied with all instructions. Some moments missed, some did not take into account, etc.
- You used not that glue. For each wallpaper, you need your glue, and this is indicated on the package.
- You unevenly applied glue. It is better to use glue with a color indicator to prevent such voids.
- Wallpaper dried very quickly or, on the contrary, very slowly. Take into account the temperature regime (not lower than 23 degrees, but not the heat, without drafts).
- You used low-quality material.
And, of course, bad preparation of walls. Thick soil, and wallpaper do not need - they themselves will fall off with the soil.
How to quickly remove old wallpapers (video)
You now know how to remove old wallpapers, it remains only to do everything to do in practice. If there are no special tools, it is better to purchase - the same spatula, scraper, or a lumpy tiger. They stand a little, but will be useful for sure.
A source: http://dekormyhome.ru/remont-i-oformlenie/kak-sniat-starye-oboi-bez-lishnih-ysili-so-ten-snimat-so-sten-snimat-obodrat-bluestro-sodrat-otkleit-otorvat-ybrat-otorvat-ybrat- ydaliat-foto-video.html
How to remove old wallpaper without more effort and save time and nerves?
Before you begin to update the interior with the help of new wallpapers, you must definitely remove the old canvases from the walls and the ceiling. It is necessary to do this by special technology, otherwise it is possible to damage the basis for which the finishing material is pasted.
Then you have to spend time, strength and money also to restore plaster or drywall.
In order for the work to remove the old finishing quickly, it is worth using proven folk remedies - they will help to remove wallpapers at home without much effort.
Before you start removing the wallpapers that served your age, you need to prepare a room:
- If possible, take out furniture from the room. If the area allows, it is enough to move all items into the center of the room and cover the polyethylene film to protect against dust and water.
- In the same protective material to store the floor. If not all, then at least a strip of 1 m wide, attaching a film to the surface of the floor and plinths using a tape. Since water will be used during the work, this precaution will protect the floor covering from damage and dirt and will greatly relieve cleaning after repair.
- Switches and sockets to stack with painting tape so that dirt and water do not get inside the electrical devices.
The necessary tools should be at hand, so they should be prepared in advance so that they are not distracted by the case:
- bucket or bulk pelvis;
- Knife or metal spatula with sharp edges;
- Own tiger or needle roller for perforation;
- sponge or rag;
- Paint roller with thick fur coat, well absorbing water;
- A stepladder or goat to work under the ceiling.
In addition to tools, you need hot water with the addition of any detergent. It can be a dishwashing liquid, air conditioning for linen, liquid soap or even shampoo.
Sometimes you can remove old wallpapers without too much effort - they are so easily lagging behind the walls that it is enough to pull the edge of the canvas. But it happens rarely, so the wet method is used more often.
Work technology is simple: you need to moisten with warm water, withstand some time so that the water softened the old glue, and remove with a sharp spatula or knife. It is necessary to observe a certain sequence and take into account some nuances:
- Pour hot water into a bucket or pelvis, add a little detergent and stir well. Such an additive is needed so that the water on the canvas does not have time to dry earlier than the layer of the glue, which holds the old finish.
- Having dipped a paint roller with a thick fur coat in a bucket so that it absorbed a sufficient amount of water, slightly squeeze and roll along the wall. You can use a foam sponge or pulverizer, but with a roller, the work will be much faster.
- You do not need to try directly moisten the extensive surface - water in the far stretch will dry before it comes to it, and the process will have to repeat. It is better to smash the surface of the wall on the sector and act in stages.
- After applying hot water to wallpaper, wait 5-15 minutes, depending on how firmly the old finish is glued.
- Split areas to bring in touch with a knife or sharp edge of a metal spatula, acting from top to bottom. If the wallpaper is not placed on a concrete, but on a plastered surface, you need to work carefully. Otherwise, you can spoil the layer of plaster, and before the sticker of new wallpapers it will have to restore it. It is more convenient to separate the wallpaper from the walls in the joints of the joints where the edges of the cloth are connected.
This option is perfect for removing paper wallpaper. However, modern finishing materials for the walls are very diverse and differ in texture and material of the canvas: they are vinyl, flieslinic or washable. Each type of finish involves an individual approach.
Fliseline wallpaper canvas is a two-layer design: the upper phlizelin layer is applied to the paper base - the substrate. Such wallpaper is easy to remove, provided that at one time they were highly glued. The upper phlizelin layer is easily separated from the substrate, it is enough to pick it up and pull with a neat hand, not applying special efforts.
Remove the fliesline wallpaper is more convenient from the ceiling or from the opposite side - from the plinth.
If, after removal of the top layer, the substrate remained on the wall, and its quality does not cause doubt, on top of it you can safely glue the new finishing material.
But if in some places the paper base was damaged, the substrate will have to completely remove the wet method described above. If this is not done, the repair will not bring the desired result - all defects will be visible through new wallpapers.
Vinyl and washable wallpaper
Vinyl wallpapers also consist of two layers - a decorative vinyl layer and a paper base. The top layer does not pass water, so it needs to be perforated - apply cuts in any convenient way. The stronger the perforation, the faster the water will float the old glue and work will end the work on the removal of old wallpaper.
For perforation it is convenient to use a special device called a wall-tiger. With it, it is possible in a short time to apply cuts on a rather extensive section of the wall. In addition, thanks to soft wheels, only the upper layer of wallpaper is perforated, and the base on which they are glued is not damaged.
Instead of a wallpaper tiger, fir-handed tools are suitable:
- kitchen or construction knife;
- spatula with sharp edge;
- Roller with metal spikes.
The washable wallpapers are similarly removed: if the upper base is not separated from the walls or the ceiling, it is perforated and removed with a scraper or spatula.
A source: https://svekrovi.net/cluanup/surface/kak-snyat-starye-oboi-bez-lishnix-bez.html.
A source: https://design-homes.ru/stroitelstvo-i-remont/kak-snyat-staryye-oboi
How to remove old wallpapers without any effort - how to quickly tear up old vinyl wallpaper from the walls without too much effort?
How to remove old wallpaper?
New wallpapers are able to transform the interior and even radically change it. It is necessary to glue them on a pre-prepared surface with which the remains of old wallpaper carefully removed.
The previous layer over time is able to distort and spoil the new one, so it should not be just cut off, but removed from all the rules.
Only in this case, new wallpaper will fall on the surface well, without flaws and bloating.
If you do not remove the last layer, then through time it will be possible to know how old wallpapers can harm. Spots, hillocks and sprinkling fresh wallpaper cloths are inevitable if no long-standing is removed. To quickly remove old wallpaper from the walls, you need to remember how they were glued.
If ordinary glue was applied to the saddled walls, the old wallpaper is easy to remove. They did not lose their strength and easily lag behind. If the product itself is thin and rushes under hand, it is not necessary to calculate the problem for a quick solution.
But when complying with the basic rules, the removal is amenable to any layer.
Tools for removing any types of wallpaper
To navigate how to quickly remove wallpaper from the walls, you need some time and some equipment. For removal, the following tools will be needed:
- Two sharp spatula of different sizes
- Water with the addition of soap or means for removing wallpaper without too much effort
- Steam Mop or Iron with Cotton Cutter Cut
- Roller for perforation
- Knife, polyethylene film
- insulating or adhesive tape
Remove wallpaper from the walls with correct and hygienic wet. At the same time there will be less dust and the removal process itself will take less time. But if the cloth leaves the wall well, then you can restrict ourselves to the usual option.
Wallpaper removal options
How to quickly remove old wallpaper from the walls, if there is no experience in performing such work? First of all, you need to turn off the electricity or shut out sockets and switches.
In order to quickly remove the old pieces of the canvas from the walls, it is enough to hurt the edge of the spatula and pull it out, upholding and adjusting the poor places. If this is not enough, then you need to twist the old wallpaper.
To do this, over the entire surface, you need to walk with a sponge, moistened with warm water with the addition of soap, wait a few minutes and repeat the procedure.
Not only soap can be added to the water, but also a dishwashing liquid or air conditioner for laundry. In this case, it is necessary to use a sufficient amount of water.
If it is not enough, it will dry quickly and will not have time to twist the glue, so it will be able to tear up old wallpaper.
If there is a lot of fluids, then it can flock over the surface of the canvas or from the walls, which will also not give the proper effect.
How to quickly remove old wallpaper from the walls if there is a steam generator? This option will be less laborious. Couple, which gives the device, quickly softening and paper base, and glue under it. Old paper wallpapers that could not be removed from the first time are removed by the spatula.
The steam generator is suitable only to remove wallpaper, so often used exclusively by specialists. Analogue can serve a steam or ordinary iron with a sweeping function. They will facilitate the removal of wallpapers on large surfaces on the area and will significantly save both time and strength.
If you do not know how to remove the old wallpaper from the walls, or perform this work for the first time, it is better to use for removal of wallpaper tracks. Usually the bottle is enough to tear off the wallpaper on the square up to 100 square meters . The liquid will quickly penetrate the paper layer and effectively pacifier.
Such means are much more efficient than ordinary soap water, it can be used when working in closed rooms. It is mixed with water and sprinkled throughout the area of old wallpaper. A few minutes later, the old layer can be easily removed with a spatula.
This medium gives care of paper, textile, vinyl and other wallpaper canvas.
Removing Wallpaper with applied PVA glue
How to remove wallpaper from the walls if the water-insoluble PVA glue was used for pasting of these decoration elements? Such work will have to be done manually and use a sharp spatula. Before removing quickly the walls of the wallpapers, which glued onto the paper surface in the form of a newspaper, it is necessary to check the strength of the fit on a small segment. After that, it is better to choose a convenient removal option.
You can also use a grinding machine. It will help to quickly remove the old remnants from the walls and large pieces of wallpapers. Such a device can leave the furrow and stripes on the wall. The plaster is damaged, so in the future after old wallpaper were removed, it will be necessary to align the surface.
If special equipment is applied, then it is necessary to take care of equipment and use a protective mask for the face. Grinding creates a lot of dust in the work, which needs to be protected. Using such tips, the removal of wallpaper will be rapid and harmless.
Types of wallpapers that are used in modern interiors
Before taking off the old canvases, it is necessary to understand the types of this wall cover. There are the following types of wallpaper:
- Glass equipment
Removing vinyl wallpaper
Below is the information, how to remove vinyl wallpaper from the walls. They are easier than others to be removed, because in their composition the main component is the film.
Vinyl wallpaper is cleaned after moisturizing enough simply and depart whole stripes. The edge of the canvas is touched by a spatula and gently stretches down.
The paper component on a flat wall may remain in some places, but it is easily removed.
Vinyl wallpaper can often be heavy, so they are better to remove them in parts or layers. Who is not familiar with how to remove the vinyl wallpaper from the walls, can remove the canvas with a spatula. This option for the removal of vinyl wallpapers from the walls is possible, but it is more time-consuming.
For the first time, the process may not be so simple, but over time it will turn out to be quickly wallpaper from the walls of vinyl or any others. Since the removal of vinyl wallpaper does not damage the surface and is easily implemented, then more and more people are used by this option.
Removing phliselin, washable and liquid wallpaper
Before removing the wallpaper on a modern fliesline base, they must be perforated. It is desirable to do so so as not to damage the lower fluiselin layer, which serves as the wall strengthening.
If it is not necessary to save it, then removal will happen with minimal effort. Such a canvas is durable, it is easy to remove it. As in the version with paper canvases, it is enough to use a spatula.
To remove the washable old wallpaper webs, one use of water or spadity will not be enough. The top layer of the web can be removed simply enough, and it is better to take a roller or scraper for the bottom tier of the wallpaper. A good helper in this case will be a steam generator or a regular steam iron.
How to tear off the wallpaper having a liquid structure is shown below. Such canvas consist of a mixture of pulp, cotton and water-soluble glue.
If old wallpapers have such a basis, then for removing it is enough to simply wet warm water. After swelling, it is enough just to understand how to quickly tear them. A spatula of mass can be removed from one time.
It is noteworthy that liquid wallpapers can be reused.
Removing wallpapers with plasterboard wall
How to tear off the old wallpaper in case of their blowing on a plasterboard wall? With this work, it is important to leave the top layer, which is made of paper, intact.
Special fluids applied in dosage quantities dissolve glue and help remove any vinyl or paper wallpaper.
In some cases, removal is hampered by both special funds, therefore, abrasive materials or machines are used to remove wallpaper cloth.
Before you start shooting old wallpaper from the walls, it is important to protect yourself and follow the following advice:
- From the room it is better to remove all the furniture or cover it with a special captivity, remove the curtains and remove everything that can duck
- stock needy tools for removing wallpaper wallpapers
- When removing old wallpapers from the walls, it is necessary to take a certain amount of fluid.
- Old wallpapers near switches should be removed with caution
In order to quickly remove the wallpaper from the walls, there is nothing complicated. With such work it is quite possible to cope on your own. It is enough to stock up the necessary tool, equipment and patience. As a result, anyone will know how to quickly remove the wallpaper with different components. Any wallpaper canvas with a skillful approach will easily go away from the surface.
If you do not want to spend your time and conduct a time-consuming procedure yourself, you can refer to experienced masters. Qualified specialists know how to perform a rapid removal of any type of wallpaper.
A source: http://remont.youdo.com/articles/wallpaper/snyatstarieoboi/
How to remove old wallpapers without too much effort: we ride paper coverage from concrete walls with your own hands quickly and easily
Are you planning to repair the house or apartment? Then it will be useful for you to learn how to remove old wallpapers without too much effort. The main thing is to minimize the time costs and take care that the process of preparing the surface to apply a new coating takes place carefully, since the slightest irregularities negatively affect the appearance of the walls.
Cleaning walls for a new coating
Dismantling of wallpapers are not fulfilled, not all, some people are lynch it and stick a new layer on top of the old.
Attention! Careful preparation of walls is recommended, then the result of repair will not disappoint, the treated surface will be smooth and smooth.
The impeccable foundation is worth creating for several reasons.
- If mold or fungus appeared under the layer of old wallpaper, you will not allow her to spread, by timely removing this problem in a timely manner.
- Giving the walls an attractive look, you create comfort indoors.
What instruments are needed
The removal of old wallpaper walls is carried out in the presence of such materials and devices:
- sharp spatulas (wide and narrower);
- Special fluid (can be replaced with warm water);
- painting tape;
- Roller with spikes;
- pure tissue napkin;
- Steam generator.
Take care of the availability of protective equipment:
- clothes tightly adjacent to the body and closing it completely;
- Hair bandage.
Attention! Not all of this list will need, because you will read the step-by-step instructions for removing the wallpaper of a particular type and prepare everything you need to solve a specific task.
If you do not know how to remove old wallpapers from the wall easily, not applying special efforts, perform preparatory work:
- Remove the furniture from the room or cover it with a film.
- De-in wiring.
- Apply a painting tape on switches and sockets: so you will not only leave them clean, but also protect from moisture.
- Prepare packets for garbage.
Protect the floor from a negative impact by checking it with a polyethylene film. The edges of the material lock the painting ribbon. In the course of work, the flooring will remain dry and clean.
We remove from the walls of the materials of different structures
It is important to understand how to spare wallpaper from the wall without damaging it. In the case of vinyl products, the process of removing the old coating should occur in this order:
- Since the protective layer does not let moisture, its integrity should be broken. Damage the waterproof layer using a special tool. For example, you can apply a spike roller;
- When the bulk canvas is covered with scratches, thoroughly moisten the wall with water;
- After 20 minutes after wet processing of the walls, try to remove the first strip, pulling it over the edge. Take this action with a spatula;
- If the canvas did not swell after applying ordinary water, apply a special composition that can be purchased in the store. Distribute the tool adhering to the recommendations specified in the instructions and re-process the walls;
- In the event that you did not buy such a tool in advance and do not want to delay the removal of old wallpaper, use the adhesive solution. You need the same glue, with the help of which you molded a vinyl wall cloth to the wall. Instruct it with water, observing the ratio of 1:10, and apply a roller on the walls;
- After 10 minutes, the glue, which is from the wrong side of the wallpaper canvas, is dissolved, the removal will occur quickly and easily.
This canvas contains high-strength synthetics and fibers. Like vinyl wallpaper, being under the action of water, it does not twice.
Attention! Protective properties are inherent only by the outer layer of the phlizelin coating, therefore, with the right approach, you can easily get rid of the annoying wallpaper.
Do not cut or process with a special roller.
Damaged wobbly canvas abundantly moisture. Wait for glue and paper will swell (usually enough to wait 15 minutes), then proceed to the processing of the walls with a spatula.
If you are ready to risk and do not want to completely remove the old coating, you can only update its top layer.
In this case, the dismantling of wallpapers must be carried out with a dry way.
Remove the coating with whole stripes. If the lower layer is smooth, not damaged, it is quite possible to consider it as the basis for sticking new wallpaper. But if it is not so, you will have to twist it and wash it off.
The considered methods of removal are suitable for both painted coating and for paint cloths.
Washing wallpapers are pissed in your dwelling, and they are already so tired of you that you want to get rid of them soon? Stick in instructions:
- Remove the top layer of such a coating is not a problem. It will be easily removed, but the bottom layer is fixed on the wall so tight that you have to work a little;
- Treat the walls with a gear roller. This tool gently affects the processed surfaces, because the wall is not damaged;
- If there are notches, you can twist and quickly remove the old coating. Well process it with water so that water gets under the coating, wait 15 minutes and go through the walls with a spatula;
- If the wallpaper is insufficiently wet, use the steam generator or steam iron. Earbing a certain area, free it from the old coating, then go to another area.
Use the steam generator
Are you interested in how to carefully dig wallpaper without damaging them?
Apply the steam generator, given the following recommendations:
- You do not have to apply a lot of effort: when using the steam generator according to the instructions, the coating is removed by itself.
- Remove the broken wallpapers completely, clean the walls with a wet napkin.
Use of water
It is believed that this method of removing the coating is the most hygienic, eliminates the active spread of dust and sweeping plaster.
If you want to know how to correctly remove wallpaper from the walls, purchase a means designed specifically to dismantle the wallpaper blade, the components of which dissolve glue.
But if you for any reason do not have such an opportunity, use warm water:
- Type the water in the spray and spray it onto the walls or process with a sponge;
- Wait for moisture to penetrate inside the wallpaper, and apply the spatula. Insufficiently splashing coating. Repeated. Fluid apply plentifully, but not in excessive quantities. Multiple processing are styled;
- You will be easier to shoot an old coating if you delete it will begin with the seams;
- make sure that no wet turns, sockets, household appliances;
- Do not know how to remove old wallpaper as fast as possible? Instead of warm water, prepare hot. If necessary, use the scraper, keeping the integrity of plaster.
If you started repair and old coating was fixed with water-insulated glue, it is logical that you will have a question how to remove the wallpaper glued to the PVA.
- It is necessary to work manually. Take a sharp spatula and walk around the walls;
- If the wobbly canvas was glued to the paper base, check on a small segment how firmly it is connected to the newspaper. After that, decide which option to remove an old coating in your case will be most convenient;
- You can replace the spatula with a grinding machine. In this case, the task will be completed faster. But note that such a machine breaks the integrity of plaster and after processing the walls you will have to update its layer;
- If you still decided to take advantage of the grinding machine, protect the face of a special mask, as there will be a lot of dust.
We remove the finish from the surface of the plasterboard
Want to know how to beat the old wallpaper quickly, if they are glued to drywall? Then read the step-by-step instructions:
- Forget about mechanical ways to remove the old coating. In this case, you need to act as much as possible: do not allow damage to the paper layer of plasterboard.
- Purchase a special fluid, with it, carefully pass through the wallpaper canvas. But note that you are only suitable for the compositions that need to breed the smallest amount of water.
- If the coating was fixed with PVA glue, and you can not decide how to clean the walls from old wallpapers quickly, about such an opportunity will have to forget. In such cases, plasterboard replacement is required.
- If the plasterboard is not processed before sticking, the neat disassembly is impossible.
- To make the canvas easily, slightly supervise it with any sharp item. It can be a spatula, knife, toothed roller or other fixture.
If indoors high ceiling
Do you want to figure out how to remove the wallpaper from concrete walls when there are high ceilings in the apartment? It is not easy to use furniture in this case, get drunk in advance about the presence of a ladder of the necessary height.
Attention! Do not forget about your security. Provide temporary lack of electricity, protect the socket, wires, switches from moisture.
Other steps, according to the type of finishing materials.
How to remove wallpaper from walls quickly and most clean? If this question is worried, and the steam generator is not available and its acquisition is not planned, make an iron with an iron intended for domestic use.
Application of a conventional iron with a sweep
This option of removal of the old wallpaper canvas is quite common, people enjoy them and confirm its effectiveness.
Try to walk through the wet fabric over the surface. If you're lucky, the wall will easily go back from the wall, and you will remain a minimum list of works.
Remove the wobbly canvas hot. You will be easier if you attract the assistant task to implement this task.
When the old coating is removed, wait until the walls are fastened, and only then make a stick of the new canvase. If you need, update the layer of plaster.
Wall-coated removal with knife
Want to quickly remove the old coating and therefore you are interested in how to wash off the old wallpaper from the walls of the most diverse ways? Check out this technique:
- If the wall coverings are over 6-7 years, it is necessary to remove it with sharp objects, such as a spatula or knife. Avoid intensive friction;
- The older canvas, the easier it will be for you to remove it due to dampness;
- Find out the edges of the stripes and slowly remove the wallpaper cloth from the walls.
First of all, determine the basis. What is she? Normal paper or with a protective layer? Do not wet all the walls at once. Better gradually handle parts of the wall. Otherwise, they quickly dried, you will spend your time in vain.
Tip! Wash the bulkboard carefully, but in moderation. If the walls are made of plasterboard, try to avoid the use of water.
Be sure to prepare the room: turn off the electricity, painted tape, protect the switches, sockets, furniture or cover the film, do the same with an outdoor coating if the material is sensitive to moisture action. Wash the walls, removing from their surface the remains of the finish.
Getting Started to dismantle the old finish, you should consider both general recommendations and tips to remove a specific option of the wallpaper canvas. This will continue to avoid many troubles and realize the task as quickly as possible, without significant difficulties.
Video on the topic: how to remove washable wallpaper
A source: https://stroim.guru/steny/kak-snyat-starye-oboi-bez-lishnih-bezilij.html
Specialist recommendations: how to remove fast wallpaper from the walls
Provide a residential room Unique color will help new wallpapers, but before the start of their gluing it is necessary to remove the old coating
Repair of an apartment or house is a sufficiently long and painstaking event that requires significant costs of strength, finance, time and nerves.
At the same time, the main mass of time is preparing for repair work - it is necessary to remove the furniture, prepare (clean) surfaces, acquire and bring all the necessary building materials and much more.
Naturally, to reduce the costs of finance in these situations is quite problematic, it is also extremely difficult to reduce the nervous stress - people are always nervous and repair (is stress) only enhances tension.
However, you can not spend extra effort when preparing for repair work, especially if the repair is carried out with your own hands.
How to remove the woven switcher
One way to save time and effort is the possibility of quickly and efficiently (before naked walls).
This is an important stage with the internal finish of the rooms - old wallpaper cannot be left, as they can be shifted through new, form fold and wrinkles on a new wallpaper layer, it makes the appearance of the room not attractive, and will not allow you to paint the walls (if there are such plans) . Therefore, it is extremely important to remove the old layers completely, not leaving the little stripes, which then will look at the ugly fold.
Below will look at the various ways of how easy it is to be cheap and without serious effort can be keptped with old wallpapers, while not to apply the walls and placement of damage.
An important point is the "alignment" of the walls of the walls, removing all possible "irregularities" with them in the form of decor elements and fasteners (screws / nails under the picture, etc.), as well as removing such elements as switches and sockets.
It is worth remembering that it is difficult to remove the switch or a socket, unlike the same pictures and other decorations.
Difficulty adds the fact that switches with sockets are under voltage, which is extremely dangerous for human life (with incorrect or inaccurate handling of them).
Therefore, it is extremely important to properly remove these potentially hazardous objects and perform several conditions to prevent the lesion of the electric shock when performing construction work.
Actually, work does not cause work and can be divided into several stages:
- Gently removed the outer part of the switch / socket. In the new (modern) switches, the outer part is fastened with plastic fasteners and enough efforts. To remove them. To parse the Soviet switches, most likely, a screwdriver will be required - screw fasteners are used there.
- Gently disconnect the cable / wire. Contacts in switches / sockets are completely recorded with a screw connection, so you should use a screwdriver with a handle from the insulating material. Disconnect the wires follows one by one, after disconnecting them must be immediately wasolate using the isol or special heat shrink tubes.
- After disconnecting the contacts, remove the switch / socket from the conversion. To do this, you will also have to use a screwdriver.
- The last stage - it is necessary to cut out of rubber, or other insulating material circles, the diameter of which is equal to the diameter of the opposite. After that, the hole is covered with this material (floss with the wall).
After this preparatory stage, you can proceed directly to the removal of wallpaper.
How to quickly remove old wallpaper from the walls
Many are often wondering if it is worth shooting wallpaper in general. The answer is unequivocal - it is necessary to do it. Otherwise, options are possible when old wallpapers will spoil the appearance of the room, as described above, or there will be other, more serious consequences.
For example, many modern wallpapers are stretched as the adhesive mixture lies, so the old layers can tear new, or bubbles will begin to form, which over time will lead to the lag of wallpaper.
Recently, widespread the knife for the "scratch" of wallpaper.
Externally, it represents a 3 - 5 radial star, a knife is inserted from the work side in each beam, and there is a comfortable handle from the back.
Typically, such tools are equipped with special stickers on which their purpose is indicated. Such knives leave deep scratches on the wallpaper, cutting them into small pieces, which in the future it is easy to contemporary.
The whole procedure for removing wallpaper takes several hours for a room about 15-20 square meters. The only drawback of this product - Knives quickly stupid, especially if they work on concrete or brick walls. This drawback is compensated by the cheapest tool itself and interchangeable knives that can be purchased separately.
The domestic industry is in terms of European, began to produce its products, which has the same functions as the knife described above. The most common domestic tool option that simplifies removal of wallpaper - nozzle for roller with "needles".
It allows you to quickly remove the wallpaper on the same principle that the knife is, however, the needles are not so fast, the nozzle itself is cheaper by replaceable knives, and it is not more difficult to remove the wallpaper than the knife.
Additional advantages should be attributed to easier to consider wallpaper in hard-to-reach places (compared to the knife).
Most of all positive feedbacks have chemicals. This is quite explained - it is not necessary to apply significant efforts to cut the wallpaper before cleaning them. Therefore, such funds are better to use - they significantly save strength and time.
Knives or rollers are recommended in any case - they may need to perform cuts before removal (it is necessary to cling to something!). Reviews for these devices are contradictory - you can use the sharpener with a spatula or construction knife.
How to clean the walls from old wallpaper
The most famous way to quickly remove old wallpaper is well mixed by their water. Water, in this situation, plays the role of the softener of the glue, as a result of which he swells, and the wallpaper becomes easy to skip.
To wet wallpaper, you should take advantage of sponges or sprayers. The entire wall area is processed by water several times, after which it is left for 15-20 minutes.
After that, a spatula should be taken (preferably ended) and start handing out the wallpaper, damaging them in short in several places (cuts are required).
How to remove wallpaper from concrete walls
Often people need to remove old wallpaper from concrete walls, as the latter are preparing under painting. In this case, it is extremely important to remove not only the wallpapers themselves, but also the remnants of glue from the wall.
How to remove washable wallpaper from the wall quickly
Washable Wallpaper Cleaning is much more problematic - they are not afraid of moisture and do not allow to penetrate the fluids to glue. In fact, they have 2 layers - the upper (with a pattern) and the lower, waterproof.
To remove them to make very deep cuts, which allow you to get to the wall of the wall. In these places it follows for a few minutes to apply a wet sponge with water or a special means. Next, the procedure is similar to the previous one.
It is worth remembering that the liquid should penetrate well into the proposed cuts. Best water is preheated and saving the wallpaper already warm water. Also, special steam fixtures will help to significantly accelerate the process of removal of such wallpaper, which allow you to process the surface with hot steam.
How to remove wallpaper for painting walls
Often people wonder: why painted walls have ugly stains? The answer is quite simple - the remnants of the glue from wallpapers spoil all the work. Therefore, it is necessary to delete it. For this wall, the walls should be treated with a special solution, after which they need to be washed. In this case, the glue will certainly removed.
How easy to remove old wallpapers (video)
It is worth remembering that each manufacturer has its own composition of such chemicals, so the rules of application may be different (it is necessary to carefully read the instructions). Please note that some funds can be dangerous for a person with open contact.
A source: https://homeli.ru/remont-i-otdelka/steny/oboi/kak-snyat-bystro-oboi-so-ten.
How to remove wallpaper from the walls: effective methods
There are various ways to remove wallpaper from walls. This uses a standard set of tools, special chemicals and steam generators. Remove wall coating can also be used using folk techniques.
Before starting repair, it is necessary to remove the old finishing material from the walls of the walls - this is a prerequisite. Sometimes it is not so easy to achieve this, as it may seem at first glance. There are different ways, thanks to which you can remove old wallpaper from the wall. It is about them and other important nuances and will be discussed in today's material.
What is the way to choose: chemical or mechanical?
Many are wondering what is the way to choose to remove the decorative coating from the wall? In fact, it depends on the specific situation. There are cases when paper panels are removed without problems mechanically. In this case, there is nothing to use aggressive chemicals. However, it happens that without them it is impossible to do.
For example, if the wallpaper was previously "planted" on PVA glue, in this case it is difficult to do without the use of potent chemical compounds.
How to quickly remove wallpaper from the wall using a spatula and knife
It is worth noting that this is a classic method for removing old cloth. They use most lovers' builders. Step-by-step action plan consists of the following:
- With the help of a sharp stationery knife, a piece of walls are torn up the wall;
- For the dug, the edge should be pulled slowly cloth down, not allowing it to break;
- As it disconnects the walls from the wall surface, it is important to use a spatula, which we need to simply approach the cloth below.
It is also recommended to pre-wet paper wallpaper so that they are soaked in moisture. This will make it easier for the task of the dugout at times, after which the canvas will lagging behind the wall. For these purposes, it is recommended to use a conventional sponge or soft roller.
The main thing in the process of this work is not hurry. It is impossible to dramatically pull the cloth down, as it can simply break or stratum, which complicates the execution of the subsequent reliance task.
How to remove vinyl wallpaper if they firmly stuck to the wall?
The structure of vinyl wallpaper consists of several materials: paper and polyvinyl chloride. It protects them from moisture and emphasizes strength. Thanks to these factors, problems with the removal of cloth data may occur.
If they are pre-cut with water before the removal procedure, as many make it with paper wallpaper, the penetration of moisture into the internal structure of the canvas will prevent the polyvinyl chloride layer. How to be in this case? Next steps:
- Go through a sharp wallpaper tiger on the surface of the wallpaper. Due to this, the structure of the canvas is damaged, and water freely impregnates the removable finishing material.
- Using a soft roller or sponge, it is necessary to moisten the cloth and wait 5-10 minutes.
- A spatula or knife is pushing the top of the wallpaper and gradually, slowly pull down.
- After removing the wallpaper, it is important to clean the remaining paper scraps.
Thanks to this technique, you can remove vinyl wallpapers from the walls that do not want to dug out. An important stage in this work is to go through the wall cloth by a wall-mounted tig.
How to remove from the surface of washable wallpaper
Wall panels can be softened by a steam generator - it will make it easier for work at times. This solution will not only make it possible to soften the structure of the wallpaper canvas, but also the glue itself. This happens under the action of hot steam.
Such a solution is much more efficient than the simple discharge of the canvas. After the ferry processing, it is necessary to make a minimum of effort to tear off the old decorative coating from the wall.
There are several effective ways, thanks to which it will be possible to remove old wall coverings without effort:
- The wet method is known to many. It consists in moisturizing the paper canvase, after which it leaves from the wall. This option is perfect for removing poor paper based wallpapers. This material perfectly misses moisture. If we are talking about phlizelin wallpaper, then before the wigging procedure, you need to walk by a wallpaper tig. After that, with a spatula, it will be possible to tear off the cloth from any surface.
- A dry method is suitable for dilapidated wallpapers, which are removed from the wall without much difficulty. If necessary, it is recommended to use a spatula and a sharp knife.
- A steam method includes a combination of moisture and hot steam. Such an impact destroys the adhesive base of the canvas and softens it. For these purposes, you use a saparler or a professional steam generator.
- The use of chemicals is justified in cases where the wallpaper cannot be removed by simple mechanical path. In this case, they are pre-treated with special safety, and then removed from the wall.
How to tear off the wallpaper, tightly attracted to the concrete wall?
If old cloths are tightly stuck to the concrete surface, they can be removed using popular chemicals.
These products are purchased in the construction departments. The main advantage of this method is that the special needs used will help withdraw wall coverage in the shortest possible time.
List of popular funds
Today's market presents various means designed to remove wallpaper from various surfaces. The most popular of them are as follows:
When choosing one or another tool, it is worth paying attention to its quality. As a rule, this product is sold only by world-famous manufacturers. The above-mentioned funds belong to this category of goods.
How to use
The solution is prepared from the powder in which the soft roller is wetted and the means to be wallpapers. Those canvases that have a water-repellent coating must be predetermined by a wallpaper tiger.
After applying, it is recommended to wait a couple of hours. During this time, the chemical will enter the reaction with glue and solvent it. After that, the canvas runs up at the top of the sharp object and leaves from the wall.
Most manufacturers assure that such funds do not contain harmful substances that are dangerous to human health. However, it is better before performing such works after all, putting the protective glasses and rubber gloves. If you get a product on open skin, it is better to rinse it under running water.
How to tear off the wallpaper with drywall?
When performing subsequent work, it is worth considering that the drywall surface is not recommended to moisturize. Otherwise, the moisture will penetrate into the cardboard, after which it will take off with wallpaper.
If, in front of the mixing of the decorative canvas, the plasterboard was not also failed, in this case, it would not work in principle without visible damage to drywall.
In this case, it is advisable to use the wash to remove the old web. Previously, you need to scratch the surface of the wallpaper with a sharp knife, a gear roller or a wall-tiger.
Special fluids will solve the glue structure, after which the decorative canvas is removed without damage to the drywall. Special washes are applied on wallpaper in dosage quantities, according to the attached instructions. In some, especially difficult cases, the removal is significantly difficult, for this reason, special machines and abrasive substances are used to remove the cloth.
If the cloth is tired of the wall, and at hand there is no steam generator, there is a way out. Many are used as the main tool iron. The removal technique is as follows:
- The iron is spinning to the maximum temperature;
- A wet rag is taken and applied to the surface of the wall;
- After that, it is necessary to carry out an iron on a moistened rag to cause steam selection.
If the house has an iron with a steam function, the task is simplified at times.
You can also go a little differently. Some, especially resourceful builders are heated in pots of water to boil, and placing them at the base of the wall. Thus, steam affects the cloth after which it is easier to leave the surface. A rather difficult method, but despite this is very effective.
Nevertheless, the most commonly used folk remedy for the removal of old cloth is the use of a spatula and a wet rag. It is this method that every second builder-novice removes wall covering in his home. This technique can be called universal.
How to prepare for finishing?
Before proceeding to perform work to remove an old decorative canvase, you need to properly prepare the room:
- Fully free the room in which work will be carried out, from furniture. Those elements of furniture that failed for some reason to carry out, should be covered with a rag or film.
- Also need to be seen floors. To prevent the glide of the film, the sheets of dense cardboard are stacked.
- Removing the wall cloth using water requires precautions. It is necessary to turn off the electricity and take the rosettes with a polyethylene film. Thanks to these actions, you can prevent accidental closure.
- To prevent the spread of garbage throughout the dwelling, on the threshold you need to lay a wet rag, and at the entrance special curtains from polyethylene.
Also before execution of subsequent work, you need to take care of the availability of the necessary tool.
Remove wallpaper from the wall will not be difficult if it is familiar with the important nuances of this issue. It is important to comply with the above rules and act in accordance with the designated plan. Only in this case will be able to quickly and comfortably cope with this task.
Refresh the room and give it a new style you can simply crossing the wallpapers on the walls. But how to get rid of old? A person who has no experience in finishing works can spend a lot of time and strength. Therefore, we advise you to take advantage of our recommendations, so that the challenge of the wallpaper has passed easily and without unnecessary trouble.
Remove with hands
It will not be difficult to remove the old coating if it keeps on a kind word. Most often, wallpapers are so easily cleaned. Using the spatula, you will find the strip and pull on yourself. If in some places glue still keeps paper, let's up with a knife or other gear item.
If you remove the wallpaper with your hands, it will be the best way to wash them with water. For this, such tools will be suitable:
- painting or foam rollers;
- Industrial or household pulverizers.
So that the wallpaper quickly moved away, they must be well moistened, and after left for a few minutes. If you use hot water when removing the old coating, the delay process will occur faster. It is very important to comply with security techniques - turn off the electricity.
Removing wallpapers with special means
Significantly facilitates the process of buying a special tool in a construction store. They also with the help of the roller impregnate wallpaper. A little waiting, you can, fashioning a spatula, remove the old coating from the walls. The price of such a means is low, so the method is one of the most effective.
We recommend using such brands of liquids:
Removal with steam
Some specialists for wall cleaning use steam generators. Handling hot steam will help to quickly clean the large area from old wallpaper. But, if there is no such device, you can use the usual iron with a vertical excipation.
Methods for removal of wallpaper depending on their type
Fliseline fibers, of which wallpaper consist, do not pass water, so they are a bit more difficult to remove them from the walls. In order to pull the base, it is necessary to make cuts, through them moisture will fall inside and solvent glue.
Such types of wallpapers consist of 2 layers:
On the vinyl film it is necessary to make cuts or walk a special wallpaper tig. After that it is pretty soaked with water or special solution. After 10 minutes, try to remove wallpaper from the wall, if the paper layer still remains, wet again.
There are many types of vinyl wallpapers that have a greater thickness. Such a coating must be removed by layers. Arm yourself with a special tool:
- Own tiger;
- metal brush;
- needle roller;
- putty knife.
With their help you remove:
- moisture-resistant layer;
- protective film;
- Paper base.
Cleaning walls from detergent wallpaper is largely reminiscent of the methods that apply to vinyl. The canvas also consist of several layers, it is necessary to remove one by one. To do this, you need to make notches, so that the water can penetrate inside, and then with the help of a scraper to remove the coating.
The liquid wallpaper
Before removing liquid wallpapers from the wall, it is necessary to deal with whether they are in the composition of the wiccose. Such material can be removed repeatedly and without any damage to apply it back, it is also well amenable to staining with water-level paint.
Remove reusable liquid wallpapers can be simply soaked with water. And if the structure is more like plaster, then you will have to use the construction hairdryer and grinding machine.
Whatever the type of wallpaper you did not have the walls, if necessary, you can easily remove them. The main thing is to have a necessary tool at hand and adhere to those recommendations that we shared with you.
The original article is posted here:
🧽 Before starting repair, it is important to remove old wallpaper from the walls. Without this, new wallpapers will not lie down with a smooth layer or, even worse, they can move after sticking in those places where the old layer has already managed to be frozen from the wall. In addition, a drawing or relief of the old coating can enlighten through the new wallpaper layer. Repair will not look aesthetically, but money and forces will be spent in vain. Everything will have to start again.
How to remove wallpaper from walls with your own hands? There are many ways to dismantle the previous wallpaper layer. The choice of concrete of them depends on the type of coating, which must be removed, the glue that was used for sticking, as well as on how and what the walls are processed. Before proceeding with the work, it is necessary to conduct a number of preparatory measures.
How to prepare for removing wallpapers from the walls?
Removing old wallpapers from the walls - work requiring preliminary training. After all, dust will fly away in the removal process, pieces of plaster and scraps of paper. We must not forget about the safety of work. Therefore, the room must be prepared in advance:
- Furniture . It is advisable to move all the furniture from the room to another room. You can make it compact in the center of the room and cover the film.
- Textile . Curtains, tulle are removed, bedspreads, decorative pillows and other textiles are made out of the room.
- Floor . Film covered. From above, it is necessary to spread the newspapers so that the coating does not slide during the repair.
- Plinths . So that the plinths remain clean, they are covered with the glued and fasten the scotch.
- Doors . The handles and the door wrap the film, consolidating the scotch. Near the door threshold you need to put a wet fabric so that dust and dirt will not "stretch" to other rooms.
Now it is necessary to take care of electric current protection. Before removing the wallpaper with water, it is important to de-energize the outlets and switches. From above, they are closed with a film and stuck with painting scotch. The chandelier is de-energized, dismantled, isolate the wires with the help of a tape, films and scotch.
Required tool for removing wallpaper wall
Now it's time to prepare tools and materials. To remove wallpaper and guidance, after dismantling, you will need:
- broom and scoop;
- garbage bags;
- Sponges and rags;
- bucket, detergent and water;
- gloves, glasses and face mask;
- work clothes.
In addition, tools and devices are collected:
- stepladder for work at height;
- several spatulas of different sizes with sharp edges;
- Wallpaper "Tiger", knife or needle roller.
It is necessary to stock special means, namely, the liquid to remove wallpaper. In the case of its absence, a solution of water and soap is suitable. Another option is to prepare a cut of a tissue and a steam iron or, if there is a steam cleaner.
When everything is ready, you can proceed to the dismantling of the old coating. This can be done using one of the methods listed below.
15 ways to quickly remove old wallpaper wallpapers
Before starting repair, it is necessary to remove the old finishing material from the walls of the walls - this is a prerequisite. Sometimes it is not so easy to achieve this, as it may seem at first glance. There are different ways, thanks to which you can easily remove old wallpaper from the walls. It is about them and other important nuances and will be discussed in today's material.
№1. With a spatula
Often this method is called dry. It is suitable only if the wallpapers themselves are separated from the walls. It will not be effective if the pasting was performed not so long ago - no more than 5 years ago.
What you need: a few spatulas with sharp edges and a knife.
How is done: it is necessary to pull for the defined upper edges of the canvas. Where it is poorly moving, use a sharp spatula or pick up a knife. If the canvas have been dry and their own behind the walls, they will easily be removed from the surface. The main thing is not to pull them too much when removing. Their texture is already fragile enough, breaks up and have to spend a lot of strength to separate the pieces of paper from the walls. If this method does not help, you need to use one of the options below.
№2. Soapy solution
It is considered the most correct in terms of hygiene. Allows quickly and without unnecessary labor costs easy to remove paper wallpaper from the walls. It does not matter when they were pasted. They are well removed, even if a super-resistant glue was used. And most importantly - this method minimizes pollution from repair in the apartment.
The essence of the method is simple: water wets the wallpaper, softens the material, dissolves the main part of the glue. After that, the coating is easily separated from the walls. At the same time, dust, moistened with water, not flying around the room.
What will take: warm water, sponge or rag, detergent, punching roller, knife or wallpaper tiger, scraper, polyethylene garbage bags, broom and scoop.
How it is done: First you need to protect all surfaces from the water from entering the water: floor, furniture, broadcasting, switches. Next, the procedure for performing work looks like this:
- Prepare water . Warm water is needed. It needs to add household chemicals. Suitable for these purposes: air conditioning for linen, liquid soap, dishwashing liquid. Household chemicals will speed up the processing process and will make it more hygienic.
- Prepare tools . The spatula must be sharp. Therefore, before applying its edge, it is desirable to sharpen sandpaper. It is also necessary to collect all the tools for disassembling wallpaper. They must be at hand.
- Make perforation of the top layer . First, cuts are made, scratches on the surface of the coating so that water is better to come and scurrying it. The top layer is easily perforated with a wallpaper tiger, a knife or needle roller. This stage cannot be passed if wallpaper with a water-repellent layer is pasted on the walls.
- Loose the surface of the walls . It is best for these purposes a sponge. But if it is not, then you can replace with a spray gun, a roller with a foam coating, a rag. Liquid need to make the surface well. At the same time, the water should not drain from the walls, pouring out the outlets. Then it is necessary to leave the old coating to mock for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove spacious coating . After the wallpaper was impregnated with moisture, you can proceed to their dismantling. To do this, it is necessary to find the lagging edge, pick it up with his spatula and start tearing off. It is better to do this, starting with the edges of the canvases.
- Remove all sticking fragments . If there are sections that do not depart from the walls, they need to once again moisten with water. Food still remained fragments of sticking paper, they are written by a scraper. You need to clean carefully so as not to touch the layer of plaster.
- Collect garbage . All sorted parts of the wallpaper immediately fold into polyethylene bags. Small parts are lowered by a broom in the scoop and are also thrown into the package.
The wet method is best suited for rapid removal of paper wallpapers from the walls of different types:
- Paper single-layer . To spacing a single-layer coating, you will need no more than 5-7 minutes. Then they are easily removed by the canvas in the direction from top to bottom.
- Paper two-layer . Two-layer wallpaper wet a little longer - 10-15 minutes. But in this case, only the first coating layer comes. If you plan to stick new wallpaper, then the bottom layer can be left. In other cases, the withdrawal procedure will need to be repeated.
- Vinyl . To remove waterproof wallpapers, it is necessary to prepare a solution of water and air conditioner for linen. Solution proportions: 300 ml of air conditioner on 1 bucket of water. Also necessarily preliminary perforation of the upper layer.
No. 3. With a para
A steam method has several advantages over the removal of wallpaper by discharging with water. First, when processing steam, it is not necessary to worry that moisture will sleep in switches and sockets, as it can occur when water wetted. Secondly, steam impresses moisture layer of wallpaper much faster. Due to this, the likelihood to spoil the layer of plaster decreases at times.
The minus of this method is one - not everyone has a steam cleaner. To buy it only for removing the old paper coating does not make sense. But this problem is easily solved. A steam cleaner can be replaced with an iron with a sweeping function. You can even get along and a simple iron without a sweeping function. But then you need wet fabric and assistant.
What you need: steam cleaner, steam iron or ordinary iron and cutting of the tissue, moistened in water.
How deleted: The coating removal technique is performed in different ways, depending on which the pair source is used:
- Normal Iron . It is necessary to prepare a cut of cotton fabric. It should be clean, without melting dyes. The fabric is well wetted in water. Then applied to the wall. Now you will need an assistant. He must straighten the fabric on the surface and keep it until another person drives it iron. It is important to set the iron at the highest temperature. The material is stroked several times the iron. Then the steady piece of wallpaper is approaching the spatula and removes.
- Steam cleaner . Steam cleaner affect the selected area. Under the action of moisture and high temperature, glue dissolves, and paper is well peeling and lags behind.
- Iron with steamer . It is used in the same way as a steam cleaner. You can apply a cut of a thin tissue to enhance the effect of steam action.
Steam method is optimal for paper wallpaper. If there is a coating on top, for example, vinyl, then it must be previously perforated.
№4. Using special fluid
There is a special removal fluid. It is divorced in water. Consumption is obtained economical - 1 bottle is enough for 100 m2. By texture, the tool may be in the form of a powder or gel. It is safe for health, not toxic, its cost is low, and efficiency - at a high level. Special safety is faster and better absorbed into the coating structure, easily dissolves glue. Suitable for removing different types of wallpaper. I will cope with the dismantle of wallpapers with the help of this specialty, even newcomer will be able.
What you need: special, water, bucket, roller with foam coating or sponge, spatula, knife or bulk tiger.
As it is removed: powder or gel dissolve in water, following the instructions, then it is pretty stirred to a homogeneous consistency. After that, you need to do the following:
- Apply a solution on the wall using a roller or a sponge.
- Leave a means to absorb in accordance with the instructions in the instructions. Time can be different - from a few minutes to three hours.
- When the specified time passes, the paper will be derailed from the walls. Applying special efforts do not have to. To make it easier to separate the coating from the surface, you can use a spatula.
Wallpaper with a protective coating in front of the processing fluid it is necessary to damage the upper layer - scratch it with a knife, roller with needles or a special wallpaper tire.
№5. With the help of "Crow"
In addition to special equipment for removal of wallpaper, other chemistry can be applied. For example, builders have their effective way. It uses liquid to clean the "Mole" pipes. The method allows you to spare even the most visible wallpapers from the walls.
What will take: Liquid "Mole", water, bucket, roller, tools for dismantling wallpaper.
How to remove:
- Make a solution: on 2 parts of the water Add 1 part of the "Mole" means.
- Stir before receiving homogeneous consistency.
- Roller apply a solution onto the walls, trying to work out the entire surface without "spaces".
- Leave for 5-10 minutes, then remove the canvas - they will be completely out.
It is important at this method to comply with the safety rules. To protect hands from a chemical means, you need to put on gloves.
№6. Removing Wallpaper Bowed on PVA
PVA glue is made on a water-based basis, so ordinary aqueous solutions will not fit.
What will take: depending on the selected method - the household soap or vinegar, water, spatula and grinding machine, steam generator.
How deleted: There are 3 ways to remove the bulk coating that was attached to the PVA.
- Wet method . Made with the help of economic soap or vinegar, or combinations thereof. If the wallpaper was adhesive to PVA glue, then it is better to use a household soap to remove them. The solution is preparing simply: rubbing on the grater, pour the soap chips into a saucepan with four liters of water and boil. Also in this case, the vinegar is suitable. It needs to be taken in a volume of 450 ml per 1 bucket of water. You can make a solution into which both ingredients are added: soap and vinegar. He will cope with those wallpaper that "eaten" into the plaster.
- Dry method . It will take a grinding machine and a spatula. The spatula is removed those parts of the coating that easily depart from the walls. The rest is removed by grinding machine. The method is simple and efficient. Its only minus - along with wallpaper you can hurt the layer of plaster. The likelihood is that you have to correct the damaged parts by plastering.
- Earbing . Among the listed is the most effective way. Hot couples from the steam cleaner are well softened by the PVA structure and peel off the paper from the plaster.
№ 7. Vinyl wallpaper
Wallpaper with upper vinyl coating is harder than classic paper. The difficulty is that the upper part of them does not absorb moisture. To tweak such a coating, it is necessary to pre-make scratches or holes. Water will pass through them and solvent glue.
What will take: roller with spikes, specialty or ordinary warm water, a wide spatula of metal or wood.
How to remove vinyl wallpaper from the walls - step by step:
- Touch the roller with spikes vinyl surface.
- Treat the wall with special tracks. Can be replaced by conventional warm water. Moisten a sponge or sponge.
- It is impregnated with moisture, then remove the cloth from the bottom-up.
- Remaining pieces of paper to clean the spatula.
Vinyl coating can be removed in other ways. For example, a steam iron or steam generator can cope with the task. But in any case, the upper, durable vinyl layer you must first damage.
№8. The liquid wallpaper
Liquid wallpaper - unusual coating. It is sold in the form of a dry mix, which consists of cotton, artificial silk or cellulose. Dry mixture is divorced in water, insisters. Then the finished mixture is applied to the wall with a spatula or spacing. For this method of applying, the material is often called decorative plaster. Interesting its property is maintainability. If the coating is not contaminated, it has a presentable look, then it can be designed from the walls, dry and re-use for decoration finishes. How to remove liquid wallpaper from the walls? Removal does not require special technology.
What will be needed: a spatula or steam generator, a spatula, a pelvis.
How deleted: Liquid wallpaper is removed easily, you will need to perform a few simple steps:
- Screw clean water into the sprayer.
- Abundant to moisten the wall, spraying moisture over the entire surface.
- Wait 15 minutes until the fibers are scattered and increase in volume.
- The spatula gently approach the coating layer and remove it from the wall.
- All the considered parts of the coating are folded into the pelvis or other capacity.
If the removed coating is not worn, clean, it can be reused for repair. To do this, it is laid on a flat surface, give dry. Then the dried fibers are placed in a plastic bag and used in the next repair.
The advantage of washing wallpaper is that they do not miss moisture. Therefore, they are glued where the usual paper coating will not fit: in the bathroom, kitchen, on the terrace. But when dismantling the advantage immediately turns into a flaw. Simple water missing will not help. After all, the upper layer is water-repellent. But this does not mean that dismantling is impossible. How to remove washable wallpaper from the wall?
What you need: needle roller, scraper, water with soap solution or specialty.
How to delete: The main task is to bundle wallpaper. The coating must be removed by layers: first the upper, thorust, then the lower - on a paper basis. Step by step it looks like this:
- We make notches. An ordinary knife or needle roller makes slots over the entire surface.
- Wetted with solution. We care about the perforated area with a suitability or soap solution. If necessary, repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
- Remove the first layer. After a wet processing, the upper part should easily move away. Under it will remain the bottom layer.
- We remove the bottom layer. The scraper is carried out in part, which remained after removing the upper layer.
In this case, you can also use the steam steam generator. Eviating will help even when all previous methods turned out to be ineffective.
№10. Fliselinova wallpaper
How to remove from the walls? Their feature is a durable flizelin base. It is removed as easily as paper wallpaper. At the same time, it is possible to remove the old coating with whole canvas. But there is one difficulty - the top layer. It is made of paper, textiles or vinyl. To remove each of these coating options, the approach will be different.
- Paper top. The usual classic removal with the pre-treatment of walls with water-soap solution.
- Textile top. You can first twist with water, but more efficiently use steam.
- Vinyl top. First scratch the top layer with a knife or needle roller, then wetted with water. After 15-20 minutes, the top layer removes, helping the spatula.
If the bottom layer is poorly separated from the walls, it can not be removed. It will become a solid foundation for new wallpaper.
№ 11. Fabric wallpapers
In textile wallpapers, two-layer structure. The first layer is made of fliesline or durable paper. Second - textiles with decor. It may be flax, jute, felt, silk. The structure of two layers a little complicates the removal of this type of walls from the walls.
What you need: steam generator, iron with a steamer.
How to delete: The perfect option for removing tissue wallpaper is an excrement. Couples quickly falls to glue salts through the weave of the fabric. Processing the ferry surface you need about 30 minutes. Therefore, it is better to do it with a steam generator. In the absence of such, you can use the iron with the possibility of evaporation.
If this method does not help, the holes are made using a special roller or wallpaper "tiger" and then the top layer is riveted with a sponge. A special means can be added to the water that will accelerate the glue dissolution, for example - methilane from Henkel.
№ 12. Gymellae
The material is made of glass that heats up to 1200 degrees. Then the heated glass makes thin threads, of which the canvas cannon. Fiberglass soft to the touch and has nothing to do with cutting and fragile source material.
It seems that such material is impossible to tear off the walls. But it is not. In fact, glass equipment is much easier to remove than vinyl. The only condition is not to try to remove them, watered with water. The coating practically does not miss moisture. For his removal, another method is applied.
What you need: Knife and specialty.
How to delete: from top to bottom, out of the entire length of the canvas, cuts are made. Finished tracks are applied to the required area. After that, it is necessary to withstand the time specified in the instructions. Now you can remove the cloth: you need to start from the top and pull down. If the liquid is high quality and applied strictly according to the instructions, there will be no problems with the removal of glasses.
№ 13. Self-adhesive wallpaper
By structure, these wallpaper differ from the usual paper. On their outer side, a drawing is applied, and on the inner - adhesive layer, which is covered with a protective film from above. The film is removed, the canvas glued onto the wall. Very convenient and easy way to quickly update the interior. Wallpaper from walls in 2 stages are removed.
What will take: water or sponge, sponge, spatula, hairdryer, solvent, tissue napkin, sandpaper.
How to delete: "Self-keys" are removed in layers. The first layer of paper is removed by disconnection. A sponge with soapy water or specialist to flush the top layer. After waiting for the required time, remove the paper coating. Under it will remain a film. To remove it, you need to warm the surface with a hairdryer. It is better to warm up small sections and gradually, fashioning the spatula, remove parts of the coating.
From the film on the wall remains a glue layer. It is impossible to remove with water or football. It is necessary to take a solvent, drink a tissue napkin and walk the circular movements over the surface. If there will be adhesive "islets" on the wall after that, you can remove them, losing sandpaper.
№ 14. How to shoot wallpapers from drywall
Plasterboard - excellent material to level the wall. For this quality, it is highly valued and used everywhere. But the material has one disadvantage - it's more difficult to rejoice with it than from a concrete or brick wall. The main task is not to damage the top paper layer of plasterboard. It can not be wetted, so the traditional method using an aqueous solution will not fit.
There are several ways to apply:
- Remove tracks . In order to clean the wall from old vinyl and paper wallpapers, you can resort to the help of specialists. But with them you need to act very carefully. If you move to the track, it impresses the upper paper layer of plasterboard and deform it.
- Remove the wallpaper glue . A more sparing way than the previous one. It is necessary to purchase the most inexpensive wallpaper glue. Then it is bred according to the instructions, apply on the wallpaper and leave for 30-40 minutes. While the glue will be filled, it impresses the top layer, but it will not get to the drywall. Next, the thrown wallpapers are attached to the spatula and are neatly removed.
- Earbing . Couple will also harm drywall. It will affect the upper part and "split" the glue, not reaching the paper of the plasterboard.
Having experience with abrasive materials and grinding machines, you can try to remove the wallpaper dry, mechanically. But in this case, the probability of damaging the integrity of the coating of drywall and will need a putty.
№ 15. How to remove wallpaper from a wooden surface
Sometimes the wallpaper is glued to chipboard, Feds, Gvl or Phaneur. Wooden surfaces can be spoiled under the action of water. Therefore, watery waters or evaporation is not the best solution. Under the action of moisture, the tree or its derivatives will swell and deform. It is better to hook behind the edges behind the spatula first and pulling the wallpaper for the cloth. Plots with paper scraps that remained after this procedure, you need to slightly moisten and delete. Then the entire surface is processed by a special flushing fluid, which removes the remnants of glue.
Several useful tips on how to properly remove wallpaper from the walls quickly, easily and efficiently, and prepare a room for new repairs:
- You can not stick old wallpapers for new ones. The relief, the darker color of the old coating can manifest itself through new wallpapers. In addition, the retained parts of the previous layer will not allow new wallpaper well.
- Dispap the wallpaper follows from below-up. Couple, rising, make the process of sparking glue faster.
- Wash the wallpaper better starting from above. In the same order you need to start handy a paper layer.
- Include electricity follows only after the walls with new wallpaper are completely dried.
- During the processing of the ceiling, it is necessary to protect the eyes of the glasses, and the hair to cover with a tire or baseball cap.
- When working with the steamer, it is necessary to take care of the protection of hands, body, faces, as well as to air the room after work.
- If it is impossible to remove the old coating with water, then experts recommend using wallpaper glue. The concentration of the solution needs to be dense than usual. It must be 20-30% rich. Adhesive evenly impregnates the paper layer, after that he leaves without much difficulties.
- After removing the paper coating, it is necessary to treat the walls with an antiseptic composition, a tool from mold and fungus. This measure will prevent the appearance of an unpleasant problem after repair.
- After cleaning from the old wall cover, it is necessary to prepare for new repairs. To do this, primer is applied with a roller. If there are irregularities, holes and drops on the walls, then after the primer, it is necessary to shock the walls. With small defects, it is enough to sharpen them. The last stage is re-primer.
Removing wallpaper from the walls is a laborious process. But, knowing some nuances of working with old coatings, work can be carried out much more efficiently. Wallpaper removal methods. It is necessary to study them all and choose one that is most suitable for a specific type of walls and wallpaper.
Previously, people were not particularly bored and, if desired, update the interior was simply glue new wallpaper on top of old. The canvases were paper, therefore, in the process of such installation, no bubbles, buggers and stains were not formed. As a result, some apartments can be detected from 2-3 to 8 and more layers of old wallpaper. To apply a modern coating, you will have to get rid of all this, and here many are waiting for difficulties. We collected several effective ways how to remove old wallpaper from the walls quickly and easily, whether paper, vinyl or washable canvas.
Why is it better not to glue new wallpaper on old?
In old days when the wallpaper was completely paper without any protective films and coatings , glue new wallpapers on the old smooth, undeformed, but just boring, coating it could be With a clean conscience. Sometimes the layers of old wallpapers are so many that, on them, as along the rings of trees, you can determine the number of repairs and remember different periods in the life of the hosts. If a on top of old Soviet and the miracle of the surviving paper wallpaper you are going to glue again paper wallpaper, then You can take a chance And do without dismantling procedure. In all other cases, it is better not to do.
At first, If you are planning to separate the walls with plaster, photo wallpaper, paint or any other finish, then the layer of old wallpaper is necessary remove . Secondly, even if you are going to glue the wallpaper again, then when applying one layer on another, you can get the backlog of a new layer, wrinkles, bubbles and other defects . This is due to the fact that the old layer can no longer hold on, and there is also an enlarged load. Moreover, the glue that you will use will soften the old layer of wallpaper. As a result, the drying process will delay, and if there are different wallpaper in two layers, the lag does not avoid the walls.
- Wonderful if you have preserved Labels with rolls where The type of dismantling is specified For example, "deleted wet" or "relax by deleting".
- Before you start shooting old wallpaper, Remember how they were pasted . If it was the usual wallpaper glue, which was applied to the saddled walls, then most likely the entire process of dismantling will not be very difficult.
- Problems may arise If the wallpaper was glued by non-standard glue , for example, PVA, or mounted on an inappropriate surface. The most complex surface is considered unshapplied drywall.
- Some difficulties may arise If the upper layer does not absorb moisture (vinyl and washable wallpaper), but in this case effective ways are invented.
In any case, remember that there is nothing impossible. A lot of ways are invented how to remove old wallpaper from the walls, simply, perhaps you have to make a slight more effort than planned.
How to prepare for removal of wallpaper?
The process of dismantling old wallpaper is a frequently dirty process. Plastering, to fly splashes of water and some special means, so that the room is better to prepare in advance:
- Try Release maximum furniture ;
- If the whole furniture did not work out, Slide the remaining items in the center Rooms and cover with film;
- floor Recommended also set film, and so that it does not slide, you can put old newspapers on top of it or cardboard:
- Be sure to stand Cover the plinth . The same film will come to the rescue that the painting scotch is fixed;
- If the wallpaper is assumed with the help of water, then it is necessary Debel all sockets and switches , and even better - additionally cover them with the film, which is fixed with scotch;
- On the threshold Rooms can be put Wet rag so that the dust is not overlooking the neighboring rooms;
- All necessary tools It is better to prepare in advance.
Wallpaper Disassembly Tool
The last item is most interesting. What devices may be needed in the process of removal of wallpaper?
- two sharp spatula of different sizes;
- bucket, water, detergent;
- sponges, roller, rag;
- Packages for collecting garbage;
- Roller for perforation, wallpaper tiger, knife;
- Special means for dismantling wallpaper / steam iron and flap fabric.
A set of tools can be reduced or expand depending on the selected method.
№1. Remove wallpaper with bare hands
This is an option for those lucky people who haveOld wallpapers are already departed from the walls
. To remove the old canvases, it is enough to pull for the top edge, and if some parts are not amenable, then pushing them with a spatula or knife. Wallpaper bands can be completely out. Old wallpapers, most likely, have already lost their strength, so it's not worth pulling that the canvas did not rek. Remove neatly. If in some place the wallpaper is securely attached, then step by them with a knife or spatula. If it does not help, then use one of the following methods.
№2. Traditional way: removal of wallpaper with water
Wet method works in most cases . Moreover, it is more hygienic compared to the previous version, since less dust will be formed in the process.
- Prepare a room, take the plinth, sockets and switches;
- The essence of the method - Moisten the wallpaper so much to soften the material itself and dissolve a significant part of the glue So it is necessary to prepare water. It is better to take warm water, and for warranty you can add some soap, dishwashing liquids or air conditioner for linen. These substances will significantly speed up the process;
- Wash the Wallpaper best sponge (But you can use a pulverizer, a sprayer, a rag, roller), trying to apply a sufficient amount of fluid for softening wallpaper and glue, but also not overcoating so that the water does not flow to the floor, did not pour out the sockets. Through 20-30 minutes You can proceed to directly the removal of wallpaper, until everything dried. Handle The surface is better in parts ;
- For better penetration of water inside wallpaper and under the wallpaper, the top layer can Perflect with needle roller , knife or wallpaper tiger. If the wallpaper has a protective moisture-repellent layer, then without such a tricks and it is not at all;
Perforation of wallpaper wallpaper tigr
- When the cloth was enough soaked with water and began to move away a bit from the surface, it can push the spatula and start tearing . Remove better from svs . If some areas do not succumb, moisten them again;
- edges of a spatula must be sharp, so they can be pre Sharpenow ;
- with special caution Remove the wallpaper Near Outlets, Switches and Counters ;
- if a some sites still do not succumb then you will have to arm scraper , just work carefully, so as not to damage the layer of plaster;
- Specialists advise use laundry soap When removing the walls that were glued on PVA . The bar is rubbed on the grater, pour 4 liters of water and boiled. An alternative can serve 9% vinegar : There will be 450 ml on the water bucket. If you add both vinegar, and soap, you can get a tool that will cope with the wallpaper even with the wall. For removal of waterproof Wallpaper in warm water need to add fabric softener at the rate of 300 ml per bucket of water;
- All shot fragments Immediately clean In packages or bags. After the end of work, wipe the wall with clean warm water and sponge.
This method is ideal Suitable for paper wallpaper : Single-layer swollen literally for 5-7 minutes and are perfectly removed in the direction from top to bottom, you will need two minutes 10-15, and only the top layer can be played. If you are going to glue wallpaper, then the bottom layer of older can be left. If not, then the procedure will have to repeat. In the case of paper wallpaper, covered protective moisture resistant film as well as in the case of vinyl, phlizelin and washing wallpaper We'll have to try a little more. At a minimum - to hold Perforation , and how maximum - use Special compositions And other tricks.
No. 3. We use special wallpaper removal fluid
If the wallpaper is glued tightly, or you simply do not want to lose time and effort to discourage them with water, you can take a special composition for removing the wallpaper. Such funds are inexpensive, non-toxic, absorbed into the structure of the wallpaper much better than just water or water with soap.
- Bought means as Powder or gel diverge specified amount of water, carefully Stir ;
- through Valika (can be used and sponge ) The resulting solution Apply on wallpaper As familiar way;
- Leave a tool soak in and penetrate during of time , specified on the package . The term can be from a few minutes up to 3 hours ;
- After the time of the walls of the wallpaper themselves lag behind From the walls and to apply inhuman efforts to dug out do not have to. For convenience, shoot the wallpaper is better when Aid of a spatula ;
- waterproof Wallpapers are better better Cut a knife or wallpaper tiger;
- among Popular funds We highlight drugs Zinsser, Quelyd Dissoucol and Atlas Alpan . One bottle should be enough to process approximately 100 m 2surfaces;
- means Suitable for Removing paper, textile, vinyl, fliesline and other types of wallpaper.
№4. Steam method
The most common iron, steam iron or steam generator can help cope with old wallpaper:
- if there is only a farm Normal Iron then you will have to additionally prepare a piece Cotton fabric . It is pretty wetted and applied to the wall. It is better to act together: one person holds a fabric, the second - he drives the plot, putting the heating of the iron to the maximum. Swim the fabric several times, remove it and push the wallpaper with a spatula. Moisture and hot temperature contribute to the rapid dissolution of glue and softening wallpaper;
- even better to use Steam generator or iron with vertical sweeping function. Ferry affect a certain piece of wallpaper, you can apply a thin fabric;
- Steam generators facilitate the process and make it easier. Par penetrate much faster than water, while declining the risk to ruin the plaster. The steam generator is much more convenient than an iron or steam iron. The method is best suited for paper wallpaper With the rest, you will have to pre-remove the protective film, or it is very carefully perforated.
№5. "Mole" against wallpaper
Construction often use the following method. It is a variation of the traditional removal method with discharge.If the wallpaper is glued hard
, then in warm water should be dissolvedMeans for cleaning pipes "Mole"
. To 1 part of the "Crow" add 2 parts of the water. With the help of a roller, this solution is applied to the wallpaper, and after 5-10 minutes, the wallpaper must be separated by whole canvases. The effectiveness of this method is at the height, only to moisten the wallpaper will need to be very carefully and acting in gloves.
№6. How to remove the wallpaper glued on the pva
PVA glue - this is Water-soluble Composition, so traditional ways are poorly taken. You can try to add to the water Economic soap or vinegar , or both together, and you can go a little different way.
Act a spatula and grinding machine. With a spatula, try gently to remove those parts of the wallpaper that can be. Residues and big pieces can be removed with a grinding machine but in this case you should remember that you go to risk Hurt the main surface. Most likely, after completion, the walls will have to level.
Also do not forget about the most effective way - Earbing .
№7. How to remove vinyl wallpaper
Vinyl wallpaper is layer of polyvinyl chloride film pasted on paper less frequently Fliselin . To remove such wallpapers, a traditional way is suitable, but it follows several nuances:
- Vinyl Film does not miss water , so, so that the moisture fell to the glue and soaked it, it is necessary Disrupt integrity This very external layers . Use a knife, spatula or wallpaper tiger;
- thereafter Moisten water And wait 15-20 minutes ;
- Due to the fact that the vinyl film is very durable, wallpapers will be filmed with whole stripes. Each of the canvases must be necessary with a knife or spatula and then gently pull down;
- in some places can remain Paper base but it is easily removed with the help of all the same swinging and stripping with a metal spatula;
- Heavy multi-layered vinyl wallpapers dismantled slightly more difficult , it will be necessary to slowly and systematically get rid of each layer;
- Masters offer not just water for wetting, but Weak glue solution . Due to this, the liquid becomes curly, longer is delayed on the surface of the wallpaper and effectively affects. On waterproof vinyl film, even perforated, ordinary water will flock very fast. The wallpaper glue into water is added two times less than when placing wallpaper;
- The place of water and the glue solution can be used special Wallpaper Removal Tools .
№8. How to remove the phlizelin wallpaper?
Flizelin wallpaper can be performed purely Fliselina or from phlizelin and a layer of other material. In the latter case, the phlizelin The basis is fixed by paper , Textiles or vinyl. The tactics of dismantling fliesline wallpaper is not much different from the traditional method described above.
Flizelin base is much stronger than paper, although it is also genuine. It will be removed entire canvases. Act More convenient to the spatula , if necessary, wallpaper You can smoke .
In the presence of external the vinyl layer will be perforated first , then wet, and through 15-20 minutes Start with the help Spatula shoot wallpaper. If the phlizelin lower layer remained intact and did not take off, you can leave it - it strengthens the surface of the wall and will become a great basis for new wallpaper.
№9. How to remove washable wallpaper?
Washing wallpapers are chosen for those places where water can fall, or where there are constant sources of pollution. Such a coating can be washed with a wet sponge, and nothing will be. Cool, yes? That's just this advantage becomes the main problem when trying to remove washable wallpaper. Specialists advise to act as follows:
- To begin with, it is worth Try rush wallpaper. Make notches , Moch Surface, wait. The top layer is removed elementary, and lower have to Remove the scraper . Be prepared that water may need Match surface repeatedly , because such wallpaper is protected from such an impact, and it will not be easy to break such protection;
- If the water poorly smoked the wallpaper, it is better to use steam generator . Often old washable wallpaper are not amenable to water or special fluid, so only steam remains.
№10. How to remove liquid wallpaper?
According to the composition and method of applying liquid wallpaper Remind decorative plaster . They consist of cellulose fibers, silk, cotton, adhesive, dyes and specific additives, like fungicides. The surface of such wallpapers Durable and durable , And if you are tired of her color, you can change it using the acrylic and water-emulsion paint of the desired shade.
If you decide to completely get rid of liquid wallpapers and change them to another type of coating, thenshoot them
will benot difficult
and when it starts swell,Spatula shoot
Mass. Experts claim that liquid wallpaper can be reused.
If it happened that, under the action of warm water, the wallpaper was not softened, we can prepare a weak primer solution.
№11. How to remove wallpaper with drywall?
Plasterboard allows you to very quickly align the surface of the walls. For this convenience, the material became widespread. Nevertheless, shoot with drywall wallpaper more complicated than with brick and concrete . Material Cannot donate Water, yes, and you need to act as accurately as possible, so as not to damage the upper paper layer.
It is possible to remove the wallpaper with drywall:
- through Special Tools which dissolve glue, but this is an option in case If under the wallpaper there is a putty . However, glue wallpaper on plasterboard without preliminary putty - a very raw solution;
- On top of the wallpaper can be applied the cheapest wallpaper He will dry very slowly, and during this time will have time to saturate the wallpaper, which will swell and go away from the wall. It will only be left to pick them up with spatula ;
- In rare cases when none of the ways above did not help , you will have to take Abrasive materials and cars, but it is very dangerous option, as you can damage drywall;
- If you don't want to resort to a rough manual way to disassemble, you can try disappear .
Clear paper Wallpaper on plasterboard without preliminary putty - It means persecute yourself to the eternal contemplation of the same wallpaper, or a sticking of other paper wallpaper, or demolition of the walls, but it is drastically. Paper to paper Proven tightly , I. To break the layers will be nearly Impossible . If you save on putty, then use fliseline wallpaper . In this case, when removing the upper layer, there is a durable layer of phlizelin, on top of which you can even put one.
Many complain that old Soviet paper wallpaper literally Entered into the walls And neither water, nor steam they are removed. If all the ways are trimming, and part of the wallpaper remained tightly glued to the walls, then such a half-trained wall You can weak To align the surface under the subsequent finish. If the remnants of old wallpapers keep tightly, tightly, then under the putty they will not be anything, and they will not affect new coating.
Wall processing after removal of wallpaper
When all the work is completed, and the walls are cleaned of the last piece of old wallpaper, the time will estimate the state of the surface. In most cases with canvas Part of the plaster is removed Therefore, the wall is unlikely to boast of perfect evenness. Before starting to finish, its surface is necessary Thoroughly prepare .
Previously, there was a misconception that there is no particular need to bother with the preparation of walls under the shocking of wallpaper. Alas, and still meet fans of this opinion. It is easy to guess that as a result of this approach, they receive not very high quality finishes, even if they chose high-quality wallpaper. Unprepared The wall contains irregularities that even the most dense wallpaper will not be able to hide. Such a surface is more porous So, the wallpaper glue will leave at times more, and the adhesion will be worse. Cracks on the walls in contact with the street, and can be due to the development of mold.
Whatever the subsequent decoration of the walls (wallpaper, painting, decorative plaster, etc.), The list of measures for the preparation of the surface will be approximately the same:
- Primary grinding of walls It is necessary to improve the grip of the finishing material with the wall, reduce the degree of moisture absorption (paint, glue), speed up the process of drying the putty. The primer is applied with a roller, in hard-to-reach places you can use a brush. If you can see that somewhere the composition absorbs in the wall literally in front of the eyes, it is better to apply a second layer;
Soil GLIMS DeepPrimeGrunt
For the preparation of walls in any room, the GLIMS DeepprimEngrunt and the GLIMS PrimeGrount and the GLIMS PrimEngrount are perfectly suitable, which allows not only to strengthen the base, improve the adhesion and save the paint or glue, but also protect the surface from the appearance of mold and fungus due to the antiseptic. The primer can be applied to almost any surface, it will quickly dry (4 hours) and is distinguished by a low consumption (0.08-0.2 kg / m 2).
- plaster It is not always necessary. If the surface of the wall does not contain deep holes, differentials and other defects, and you plan to punish sufficiently dense vinyl or fliesline wallpapers, then some irregularities will susht. If defects are considerable, thin wallpaper or painting will be used, then you will have to use the plaster first. For brick walls, cement-sandy composition is used, plaster plaster is more suitable for concrete. It is most convenient to use ready-made mixtures that require only adding water. The technologies of the plaster walls are devoted to a separate article on the site;
- Pluckle It is better not to neglect. It allows you to reduce the roughness of the walls, ideally align the surface, which will have a positive effect on the quality of the subsequent finish. Putchals differ in composition. If you spend all the work with your own hands, it is better to take a gypsum composition - it is easier in applying than cement. Put putty with spatulas, and the finish layer can not be applied if dense wallpaper will be pounded, decorative plaster is applied or a ceramic tile is installed;
- Repeated primer Let us finally prepare the surface under the subsequent finish. This time the composition should go far less.
Do not forget to give each applied layer to dry well. Data on the time of complete drying will be indicated on the package.
The article is written for the site Remstroiblog.ru.
How to clean the wall
When the plywood should be very carefully removed the old layer of wallpaper, while not leaving even small fragments. It is such a clean surface that allows you to stick a new layer without blooms and bugrov.
In 90% of cases, it is enough to take advantage of the easiest way to remove the wallpaper, and it will be discussed further, but if you entered 10% of the "lucky ones" and the sweat already flows a stream, and the nerves began to pass - scroll down the article down, we will tell about emergency Situations.
The easiest and fastest way
- Free the room from all the furniture or make it in the center of the room and cover the cellophane or newspapers.
- For safety equipment, turn off the electricity in the apartment. Capture outlets and switches by painting scotch, so that the dirt does not get into them. And the dirt will now appear, believe me.
- Prepare the following tool and materials:
- bucket of hot or warm water;
- Wide roller (old);
- narrow and wide spatulas;
- Wet roller Moisten 2-3 wallpapers from above to bottom. Please do not flood your neighbors - it is not necessary to pour water overly.
- Candle 20 minutes. During this time, the material and glue will absorb enough moisture.
- Spatula Pretty the corner of wallpapers and separate it from the wall. Clean the spatula of small pieces.
- Return to paragraph 4 and say goodbye to all the remaining canvases.
Two rooms for cleaning the walls of a room in 20 square meters can take hours. More time may be needed in cases where old paper wallpapers are glued to conscience, and even worse, on PVA glue. Also more time will leave for processing materials with a water-repellent layer, such as vinyl wallpapers.
Tip: Purified walls should dry. At least a couple of hours. Only then proceed to the new finish.
Lifehaki and folk remedies
So that the process of removal of wallpaper has passed even faster and even more efficiently, read that you have at hand from additional magic tools. It is time for them to bring a real benefit to humanity.
- Laundry soap. Add the soap chips into warm water before applying to the wall. Such a solution will accelerate slightly and facilitates the process. Quite a quarter of a grazing piece to add to the water bucket.
- Fabric softener. If not sorry. Use, like soap - add to the water. The effect is similar - it will be easier to remove the wallpaper. Just one cap.
- Vinegar table. Violets, in contrast to the previous life, there will not smell, but the action will have its own vinegar. It will take 5 tablespoons on the bucket.
- Glue for wallpaper. Yes, the addition of wallpaper glue into the water will help our business - the solution will become more viscous and better (longer) will be kept on the canvases and absorbed into them. Remember when we glue the wallpaper - how they soften when it is lit with the applied glue, waiting for your minute. Take 5-6 times less glue than according to the instructions.
- Special solution. If you take care in advance, you can buy a special powder or solution in a building or economic store, which will cope with the task much better than the surviving spent at all times. We produce these magic solutions and powders the following firms, feel free to take if you see them on the shelves: Follow the instructions on the packages.
- Iron and wet fabric. Water the old Wife / Husband T-shirt, attach to a non-dustiful piece of wallpapers on the wall and walk around the hot iron. High temperature and humidity will force the old wallpaper glue to succumb and give you this ill-fated piece of paper. If you have a steam generator home - use it.
Difficult cases in work
What to do if you got vinyl or flieslinic wallpaper
We act as we described above, using the impact of moisture, but before water procedures, pass the sharp knife or wallpaper tiger (most importantly, something sharp) on the old wallpaper and take suns. Water penetrates the vinyl film into paper and you will not be difficult to finish your work on time.
What to do if old wallpapers are glittered to plasterboard
Plasterboard consists (attention!) From plaster and cardboard. It is impossible to water the latter from the components of obvious reasons. Therefore, in this case, it is best to act like a spatula, or, as a last resort, to buy a special solution to remove wallpaper.
What if the wallpaper is glued to PVA glue
Bold. This is the most difficult case. Jewelry work. Water, even with an admixture of diamonds, will not help you. Get on the sharp spatula and, forgetting about plans for the whole evening, clean the centimeter behind the centimeter. Or ask the neighbors from the neighbors a grinding machine (Bulgarian) and buy a tight bristle nozzle - the process will go faster.
Look at this video - a gol for fiction of the cunning:
If old wallpaper is still on the wall
Guys, let's honestly, if you read the article until this moment and old wallpaper in the flower are still unharmed on your wall - or you do something wrong and better read the article at no time from the very beginning, or - you know what - Leave this idea . If you still failed to solve the paper and the stone now, then believe me, they will never break out, and under any circumstances.